Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Well, I'll be...




2006 Château Pradeaux Bandol
 

I read a note on a wine BB that this was open for business and thought to myself, “That can’t be true.” I couldn’t get the thought out of my mind, so I grabbed a bottle from the shop and took it for dinner at Vin Rouge with my hachis parmentier. I’ll be damned if that wasn’t 100% correct. This was more open than any young Pradeaux Bandol I’ve ever had. Hands down. Full of leathery, dark red fruits with that typical tree bark woodsyness that I associate with this wine. Really and truly sauvage and animale, without being dirty or bretty. OK, so this is still Pradeaux Bandol, so it’s not without structure, but it isn’t a mouthful of sand. It opens to show some of the garrigue and lavender you’d expect and served a nice foil to the hearty simple food. Really a dynamite bottle that should easily improve for 5-10 years and last who knows how long. Well, the internet is good for  something I guess.

No comments: